Fourth of July is a great time for an outdoor get together. From food to seating to decorations, planning a celebration requires time and organization but that doesn’t have to equal stress. Here are a few tips for making a get together as enjoyable and stress free as possible.
• Decorations. When it comes to decorating your space, look for things that are unique and can be used again. Have an empty container? Create a unique arrangement using red, white and blue fans that guests can use to keep cool.
• Seating. While not everyone will be sitting all the time, it’s still important to make sure there’s plenty of seating for everyone. It doesn’t have to be just chairs. Think outside the box and try large pillows, old crates, garden stools, use some of our stone to create unique seating like the picture below, or whatever works for you and can be easily stored or maintained when not being used.
• Entertainment. It’s always a good idea to have games or activities available to keep people entertained. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just put out a few things such as bean bag toss or croquet to give people something to do should they start to get bored.
• Food. Simple things like hamburgers, hot dogs and chips are perfect for a July 4th cookout. You can spice up the menu by adding a summer salad and frozen dessert. Remember to keep food covered when it’s not being served and quickly put away anything that might spoil or attract bugs. If you’re grilling, make sure the food is cooked thoroughly and eaten promptly.
• Drinks. Few things end a party quicker than running out of drinks so be sure your bar is well-stocked with plenty of drinks, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic, if you choose, for everyone. Dehydration can happen quickly in the summer, even if it doesn’t seem hot outside. Make sure guests are staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water. Plastic tubs or kiddie pools full of ice make for great coolers at large gatherings. Also be sure to give guests a way to identify their cups such as stickers or tape to write their name on.
With a little planning and preparation you can have a fun and successful Fourth of July celebration. Just remember the most important thing is to enjoy the day and your company!